Friday, September 5, 2008

So I wanted to be bold...

And go with my gut that Hanna wasn't going to be a hurricane...and then the Hurricane Hunters find 75 mph winds...oops. Maybe the winds are finally catching up to that 980 mb pressure. I can admit when I am wrong, and here might be another good case of it. The convection tried to wrap around, started to die (when I was writing my blog) and then has now reintensified near the center again. If the storm keeps itself together through the daylight hours, we could see Hurricane Hanna at landfall. Its a big if though, with all this shear. The models aren't as bullish with Hanna as when she was in the Bahamas. Will have to wait to see if the NHC ups Hanna to a Hurricane at 2pm EST...


And the update is in: Tropical Storm Hanna at 981 mb and winds of 70 mph. So its close, but not there yet per the NHC. Except, looking at the Hurricane Hunter data over the last update, they are finding abundant surface winds of 75 mph, which makes me think its almost a sure bet we have Hurricane Hanna by 5 pm.

No comments: