Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thesis Writing and Hot Weather

I haven't been updating this for a long time, but I thought I might as well start it up again. This first update will be brief and I will start getting into more of a weather blog once again next time (hopefully tomorrow after work).

I have been working on re-writing my thesis now for a month and a half...and I tell you, it is not easy. The reviewers have asked for many small...and large...changes to the manuscript and it takes a lot of time. But I am getting there. I hope to be close to done by the 3rd or 4th of July and maybe, just maybe, you will get to read my thesis in Weather and Forecasting.

As for the recent weather, there is only one word that describes it: HOT! We went golfing a few days ago at 2:15 in the afternoon on a day when the high was 98F and the dewpoint was in the lower 70s. And we played as a group of 5.....not smart. The large group resulted in us taking 3 hours to play 9 holes! In 100 degree heat index weather. Definitely not the smartest thing I have done. But I shall learn from that mistake and play in the late afternoons on these really hot days in the future.

The storm chasing year has been nice to me. Saw two tornadoes...and could easily have seen 6 more if Shaina and I didn't decide to call off the chase one day and go to a nature preserve. But that's how it goes. There will be more opportunities next year.

I will update either later tonight before I go to bed with a weather discussion or tomorrow evening. As for now, back to editing the thesis.

No comments: