Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Small Reminder

Just a reminder to all future meteorologists, or even current ones that have slacked off over time: Never, EVER, just look at the 850 hPa level, the 500 hPa level and MOS to make a forecast. It turns out that just doesn't work, like my forecast from yesterday. I really didn't take my time in putting it together, and it turns out rain is looking like its another full day down the tube, and the temps are going to hold out of the 90s until at least Tuesday. Of course, I saw this in the GFS MOS Ensemble Output (I ignored the 97F forecasted by the basic GFS MOS for Monday...luckily!) which was showing highs only in the mid to upper 80s through Wednesday. I will start looking at things a bit more in depth once the 12Z model runs are out and put up a GOOD forecast. No more slacking off!

No comments: